Roles and Responsibilities Job Summary
The Business Development Manager is an integral member of a team of professionals including the senior leadership. The person in this role will focus on driving growth through exploration of new markets, identifying potential clients, offer customized solutions in consultation with the team and continuous engagement with the client for future associations. He / she will interact with the top management of the clients and ensure that Planys superior support levels are maintained with confidentiality.
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- Develop business development plans in consultation with head of business development that translate strategy into actionable plans
- Deliver a persuasive sales pitch client and business partners as needed to both private and government customers
- Execute the business development plans by regular proactive interaction with the clients, client –support to create loyalty, gain repeat business and attract new business.
- Provide accurate client requirements to the technical team for smooth execution of the projects with efficiency and accuracy.
- Actively monitor and engage with the technical team to execute / deliver the project in line with the client requirement.
- Participate in the analysis and development of long term growth strategy which reflects market inputs, Planys capabilities, and market requirements.
- Represent Planys in national / international conferences, exhibitions, seminars etc as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in sales / marketing / PR experience is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication capabilities to influence key decision makers and establish strong business relationships
- Prior experience in working with government bodies is a plus
- Business acumen to understand customer requirement and offer actionable and deliverable solutions
- Willingness to learn, undergo training program, if necessary, to understand the nature of work, and service offerings by Planys; which would be required to deliver at appropriate standards
- Superior communications and writing skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Willingness and flexibility to travel alone or with the team (Domestic and International)
Skill Levels Required
- Coach Level (Can Train Others) -Written and Verbal Communication (English + Hindi, Bengali, Marathi), Technical Acumen / Know How of Marine Robotics Product / Services, Market Research Capabilities (Customers + Competitors), Business Acumen to understand customer requirement and suitable solutions, Time Management and Multi-tasking, Ability to work under pressure, Tendering and Contract Negotiation
- Expert Level (Can Handle Independently) -MS OFFICE, Sales Presentation Skills, Building Sales Strategies, Building Client Relationship